In an instant
If you struggle to find the time for social media in your business but really want to be seen online, then Instagram just might be your answer!
As the name suggests, Instagram works instantly, and is a social networking tool that allows users to share photos and videos taken from a smartphone to a group of followers. The app then keeps a record of the photos and videos you create on your profile. Starting an account is simple and like all other social mediums, it’s free. But for all those haters of social mediums who claim social is an enormous waste of time, Instagram has taken the mobile photo-sharing niche by storm. And with no sign of stopping any time soon.
Here are some interesting facts about the company that is only seven years young:
• Instagram launched in 2010 and was acquired by Facebook in 2012.
• There are 5 million monthly active Australian users.
• 1 in 5 Australians use Instagram.
• There are 15 million registered businesses using Instagram business profiles (in the world).
• Instagram has 1 million monthly active advertisers.
• In March 2017, more than 120 million Instagrammers visited a website, got directions, called, emailed, or direct messaged to learn about a business, because of an Instagram ad.
• Instagram estimates $1.53 billion in global mobile ad revenue in 2016, which is a 144% increase in one year.
• 50% of Instagram users follow at least one business.
• 60% of users say that they have learned about a product or service on the platform.
• The most popular filters are Clarendon, Gingham and Juno/Lark.
Instagram is a simple, fun and creative way to capture and share the moments that make up your business, with the added benefit of reaching a world-wide audience. Through these images, you can share your business’s story, and personality, with existing and potential customers. And you can do much of it yourself, once you have a solid strategy. Many popular phones have in-built 12-megapixel cameras, giving your images amazing resolution. (Other than professional photographers, who still carries a separate camera?)
So you want more reasons why Instagram is a good option for your business? Ok, here goes:
• Photos on social media experience more engagement than videos.
• Visuals are processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text.
• People remember 80% of what they see, 20% of what they read and 10% of what they hear.
Our team at The Factory currently manages many business’ Instagram accounts as part of their overall online presence. We are passionate about ensuing our clients are on the shopping list of the thousands of potential customers out there.
In an era of the digital media explosion, the businesses that are engaging in the online space are perceived as leaders in their field. So, the question remains, do you want to be a leader in your field and give your potential customers information online before they even knew they needed it?
Apple did. Look at them now!
OUR TIPS FOR INSTAGRAM
1. If you are a restaurant, retailer, tourism destination or have lots of beautiful things to take photos of then Instagram will suit your business.
2. Create unique hashtags that relate to your business and promote them across all your other social profiles, on your website, and your email blasts.
3. Only post quality images on your profile, think about lighting and what you might be capturing in the background.
4. Tell your story – storytelling is the oldest form of marketing, plus it’s a great way to connect.
5. Find your style, similar to your brand, you need to work out who you are and how you want your business to be represented, then own your style!