Is your current business signage looking a little faded and worn? Are you in need of a refresh to your existing look? Or are your customers having trouble finding you?
Don’t assume that customers already know who you are, where you are, or what you do. There are hundreds and thousands of people who have never used your business before, and your signage is the very first thing they see. What impression are you giving them, or the products and services you offer.
If our business logo is our brand, then our business signage would have to be its eyes, that projects the image of what’s going on inside. Why update your business signage? The results speak for themselves.
Recent surveys conducted found that:
• Nearly 76% of consumers (8 in 10) said they had entered a store or business they had never visited before based simply on its signs. (FedEx)
• Nearly 75% indicated that they had told others about a business simply based on its signage. (FedEx)
• About 68% of consumers believe that a business’ signage reflects the quality of its products or services. (FedEx)
• About 67% of the consumers surveyed said they had purchased a product or service because a sign caught their eye. (FedEx)
• Nearly 60% of consumers said that the absence of signs deters them from entering a store or business. (FedEx)
• Roughly 60% of businesses reported that changing the design or enhancing the visibility of their signage had a positive impact on sales, number of transactions and profits, with an average increase of about 10%. (UC)
Given how much signage can influence consumers purchasing decisions, why do businesses ignore this necessity? It is cost? Is it time, or is it ignorance? In a highly competitive market, this is a huge opportunity for you to gain that precious advantage. There is no fighting over your signage space – its yours – own it and use it! There are no click wars and you can’t change the channel.
The most challenging part of signage is ensuring your sign can be read. What looks good in a magazine advertisement, may not work in a large blown up format.
Here are a few tips to ensure your signage ticks all the boxes:
• Keep it simple and make sure the message is clear.
• Less text is best to ensure your message is retained.
• Have only one call to action in your content.
• Think about your message and what do you want people to do once they see the sign.
• Ensure one of your contact details are large so it can be memorised.
If you are considering a rebrand or new look in the future, now is the time to engage a professional to develop a new look, before you invest and install a new sign, only to be replaced within months.
If you are wondering how often should signage be replaced? Under the harsh North Queensland sun, our signs do it tough. Every day and every night fighting off the UVA and UVB rays, then add to that rain, wind, cyclones and birds! It would be our recommendation to ensure your signage is coated in laminate to assist with the lifespan of the sign adding on a few more years.
When engaging a professional to design and install your signage, experience matters. The Marketing Factory have been privileged over the years to have designed and installed signage at key locations throughout the region. Check out 1300SMILES Stadium, Mike Carney Toyota Showroom and Great Northern Laundry.
The right mix that every business should aim for is to combine a great first impression achieved from your business signage, together with a sharp looking online presence that matches your business personality.